Several Test Engineers work for over 8 years to provide regression-testing services for several commercial release of the various range of products. To ensure that addition of new features have not adversely impacted existing features, test plans are written for each release and automated using customer proprietary tools.
Test execution, automation and maintenance tools used to enhance the regression tests have resulted in increased productivity thereby enhancing the quality of the product by capturing defects early. Verification services have also result in an overall QA cost reduction.
Our Software Quality Management solutions help clients analyze software artifacts and fix flaws throughout the entire development or integration processes, using metrics to improve quality and productivity on current and future projects.
Textron has top-notch people. They have great skills not only in developing the testing, but they also have an art form around using the standard tools that are out there."
For more than a decade, our Software Quality Management (SQM) solutions have helped Global companies dramatically increase software security and reliability while boosting productivity and mitigating the business risks of software failure. Simply stated, we improve "speed-to-quality" during the software development and integration processes
Unmatched Expertise Delivers Exceptional Value
Our best-of-breed solutions are delivered by highly skilled professionals with in-depth industry experience. By analyzing software artifacts, fixing flaws throughout development or integration, and improving processes for subsequent projects, Textron's specially trained experts deliver value through:
- Improved product quality
- Reduced time-to-market
- Faster integration and deployment
- Lower application lifetime costs
- Enhanced productivity
Leading-Edge Research Fuels Technical Excellence
The powerful technologies and strategies behind Textron's SQM solutions are the result of the groundbreaking work conducted at Textron, our award-winning research facility. Textron is the foremost research facility devoted exclusively to software quality
Textron IT Services Assurance Solutions
The true measure of "quality" for software is an application's ability to effectively support business goals and operations. In today's computer-oriented business environment—with business continuity a top priority—software must work. Unfortunately, application-release decisions are often based solely on budget and schedule concerns, with no regard to quality. This approach is no longer sufficient and actually creates additional software-induced business risks.
Cigital Assurance Solutions balance traditional budget-and-schedule concerns with the need to achieve business-appropriate levels of software security, reliability and performance by focusing on risk analysis and software-related metrics. This ensures overall quality within established budgets and schedules.
Ultimately, if software is not designed to be secure, it is vulnerable to malicious attack from both outside and within your organization. Cigital Software Security Solutions are based on a proactive approach to software security, ensuring that software is built to be secure from the ground up.
One popular myth about software security is that it can be simply "bolted-on" to an existing application by beefing up the perimeter. This approach, however, leaves applications vulnerable to infrastructure software failures and insider attacks.
Starting with an understanding of business objectives and security requirements, Cigital Assurance Solutions ensure that security and reliability are designed into the software and thoroughly tested and measured throughout the development lifecycle. This not only decreases the risk of applications being compromised after a perimeter security breach but also ensures protection against infrastructure failures and insider attacks.
- Quality Assurance: Helps clients deliver quality software on time and on budget.
- Security Assurance: Helps clients assure that software does not have security vulnerabilities
- Secure Software Best Practices: Helps clients improve information security from the inside-out, rather than relying solely on perimeter defenses (e.g., firewalls and other network security mechanisms) to protect vital software applications.
- Outsource Assurance: Helps clients assure the quality and security of outsourced/offshore software.
- Packaged Software Validation: Helps clients ensure the successful integration of third-party software (i.e., "COTS") applications.
- Regulatory Compliance: Helps clients ensure compliance with regulatory mandates (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley) through software audits.
Textron IT Services Software Process Improvement Solutions
In order to live up to their implied promise, effective software process improvement programs must combine the rigor of enterprise-level SQM with the disciplines of decreasing development costs and time-to-market. Cigital provides a variety of Software Process Improvement Solutions that make this promise attainable within the everyday world of deadlines, budget cuts and constantly changing requirements.
Cigital's measurement-based approach allows for the identification and removal of inefficiencies and rework from software development processes while maintaining or increasing business-appropriate levels of software quality. By auditing clients' processes against industry standards (e.g., CMM, ISO) and best practices (e.g., RUP, XP), Cigital helps clients understand and improve the ways in which their standards and practices contribute to the goals of increased quality and productivity and decreased costs.
Cigital Software Process Improvement Solutions allow companies to go beyond simply collecting project-management data to leveraging decision-support systems based on software quality data.
- Process Improvement Program: Compares a client's software development processes to industry best practices to develop a risk-driven, product-sensitive process improvement vision and plan.
- Process Assessment: Provides comprehensive assessments of a client's core organizational processes (e.g., management, development, maintenance and support) to identify capabilities, risks and areas for improvement.
- Metrics and Measurement Program: Establishes a core of vital metrics as the basis for assessing quality, performance and predictability throughout a client's software development organization.
- Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Program: Allows a client to self-assess and self-improve quality software development operational processes.
- Knowledge Growth: Helps a client establish a well-defined "living" knowledge transfer and mentoring program.
- Standards Benchmarking and Compliance: Helps a client benchmark and improve its compliance with business-, industry- and government-mandated standards.
Please Contact Us for further information on Textron's SQM Solutions